vydheesw.blogspot.com
email: vydheesw@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Budding Critic !

Budding Critic !

Vaidheeswaran


    My  grand- daughter  used  to  wake  me  up  from my  bed    every  morning  and  would  say  “Hello”

  Once I  sit  up  she  would  start  chatting  and  blabbering  endlessly  as  if  we have  another  eternity  to  live.

  Yesterday    she  asked  “Thathaa    Can  I  tell  you  a  story? “

  “No…No…  “      I  said  yawning.

“No  Thaaththa…wait…I  will tell  this  story  It  is  very interesting “

Again  I  yawned…      ” What  is  the  story  about?    .Is…it….  Is  it  too    long ?”

“No    Thaaththaa  …really  it  is not  too long…”

“Then  “…

“Thaththaa…  I  tell You….It  is  very  moving…and  not  very  long  It  is  short..”

  “O K “

“The  story  I  am  going  to  tell  is  not  very  long  not  very  short…But  it  is  bit  scary  in  the  beginning…  Is  it  O K ?..”

“ Oh ….Scary….!!!.”

“But  don’t  be  afraid …It  is  not  scary  throughout.  .then  it  is  bit  sad….You  will  cry…Will  you  cry?

“ I  will  try…not  to…

  Looking  seriously  at  my  face  for  reaction…in  a  secretive  voice…She  said _

”The  Girl  gets  bitten  by  Dinosaur…You  know  Dinosaur.. Big  animal  So..Big…It  bites  her!  Are  you  scared?..”

“ Yes..a  bit…”  

“But  don’t  worry… scary  only  for  some  time. .. then  the  story  is really    funny.  .Because  one  doctor  comes  that  way  and  put  injection  to  Dinosaur  and  it  dies  and  the  girl  laughs  and  then…then….

“Then..”  what.?  .Is  the  girl    not  crying  of  the  pain  of  dinasaurs  bite?  Is  she  not  afraid?

“  No…No..actually    Dinosaurs  did not bite  her  very  hard…but    only  it  kissed  her  But  she  cried  too much..  Then  she  stopped…”

“OH  …then    what  happened…?”

She  laughed… “Hahhaa…she  laughed  Do  you  know  why?    The Dinosaur  died…but  she  was  also  sorry…again…..Do  you  know  why?  ..She  loved  the  Dinasaur…”

 “Then    when  did  she  come  home?...”

“No ..no.. wait  story  not  yet  over…Then  she  hugged  the  Dinosaur  so  much.    And  suddenly  it  woke  up…..In  the  end  all  are    happy…”

“ How…?”

She  feigned  a  secretive  voice… ”Do you  know  her  mother  was  looking  for  her…She  searched  her  under  the  bed.  .and  around  the  lawn…and  everywhere  all over  the  jungle..”

“ Oh..!”  again  I  yawned  “ Then  Mother  found  her.. ..?”

“ No No…  Mother  did  not  see….Only  the  girl    found  out  the  Mother  and  Mother  hugged  her  so…much….

“And….?”  

“And    all  are  happy… Girl  kissed  mother  .  I love  you..  I love…you  Amma….”She  said.    And  all went  home”

“…………….”

“Did  you  like  the  story?...”

“What… story…?”

“Oh…Thaaththa…You  do  not  listen…actually  I  will  tell  another  story….It  is  not  so  scary… like  this  one….You  will  like.  .this…”

“NO…No…No  more  story….…  “  Now  You  are  packing  off  from here… You  go and  drink  your  milk  now…” 

“ No…”  ………………………

I  look  outside  and  say  “I  think    It  is  going  to  rain  today…  … .Do  not  go  out  to  garden  to-day… “

“ No  Thaaththa…  I  have  seen  the  Rain  forecast……It  is  not  going  to  rain  today…Come  out  Get  up Get  up ..”

“  WHAT…Rain forecast..!!  “ My  God!!...

                                            *************************

****  The  Story  teller  who  told  the  story  with  such  narrative  interest  and  critical  appreciation    is  four  years  old  !!!

We  learnt  the  critical  assessment  of  a story  not  earlier  than  20  years    in  our  generation!!!


And  this  is  a  common  feature  of  all  the  children  of  the  present  generation.
                                 



                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment